Most websites these days have newsletter sign up forms. But how well do you think your email newsletters increase enquires or indeed sales? If customers want to get connected with you it’s a good way to help your company stay fresh in their minds and help build up their valued trust and loyalty. So if you have an email sign up button on your website, but it’s not getting you many sign-ups – read more about how we think you can increase them.
Here are our top 10 email sign up tips.
- Offer something in return – offer an incentive to sign up, a special offer or discount.
- Easy to find – make sure the sign up is at the top of your screen or ‘above the fold’.
- Provide free content – offer a free download of an ebook or white paper.
- Strategic placement – not all visitors land on your home page so consider putting the sign up box in a fixed position in the header or footer.
- Data capture – make sure you add the data capture field on the page so the potential subscriber does not have to click through to another page to sign up.
- Add to social media – post messages on Twitter and Facebook asking if they are on your enewsletter list yet.
- Forward to a friend – if your customers believe in your product/services they will be willing to spread the word and pass on to a friend.
- Position in email signature – add a hyperlink to your email newsletter after your normal signature information.
- How often receive – state clearly about the email frequency whether it’s daily, monthly or quarterly.
We think if email marketing is done properly it can encourage customer loyalty. Here’s the health check though – there are no tactics guaranteed to boost your email sign ups. However, at least you can have an exact return on investment by tracking number of subscribers. Share your email marketing sign up comments in the section below or on Twitter.